Funny Christmas movie quotes include the absolute most hilarious lines from holiday comedy movies. What are quotes from funny christmas movies? From modern Christmas movie classics like A Christmas Story and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation to the newest holiday movie releases like Arthur Christmas, these movies keep us laughing long after Santa arrives, gifts are opened and friends and family depart. Which Christmas movies have the funniest quotes? Behold, the greatest, funniest quotes from Christmas movies for young and old! Is your all-time favorite, funniest Christmas film quote not on the list? Definitely add it, and be sure to vote for your faves.
Whether it’s Buddy the Elf (Will Ferrell, in the instant Christmas classic movie Elf), Billy Bob Thornton as the totally deranged, super-mean store Santa Willie in Bad Santa or Bill Murray as Frank Cross in 1988’s awesome, twisted Christmas movie Scrooged, these characters gave us quotes that won’t soon be forgotten. The best Christmas movie quotes stick with you long after the film’s credits roll. What’s the most quotable holiday movie ever? That’s a tough choice, as you’ll see from this list. If I had to pick just one, it would without a doubt be 1983’s A Christmas Story. Bet I’m not the only one who can quote it from memory! Besides, it’s on 24/7 in the weeks leading up to Santa’s big arrival – it’s almost impossible not to watch it at least twice annually.
So let’s raise a glass of warm apple cider (or hot chocolate, or both) to the great Christmas comedy movies. Enjoy the list, and happy holidays!
1. “4:00, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one; 5:30, jazzercize; 6:30, dinner with me – I can’t cancel that again; 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing… I’m booked.” -How The Grinch Stole Christmas
2. “We elves try to stick to the 4 main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.” -Elf
3. “I TRIPLE-dog-dare you!” -A Christmas Story
4. “Why is the carpet all wet Todd?”
“I don’t know Margo!” -National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
5. “I’ve killed it. Oh! Everything I touch gets ruined.” -A Charlie Brown Christmas
6. “One thing about trains: It doesn’t matter where they’re goin’. What matters is deciding to get on.” -The Polar Express
7. “Seeing isn’t believing. Believing is seeing” -The Santa Clause
8. “Remember George, no man is a failure who has friends” -It’s a Wonderful Life
9. “Will you please tell Santa that instead of presents this year, I just want my family back.” -Home Alone
10. “Son of a nutcracker!” -Elf
When you’ve finally hit your breaking point but there are children in the room, use this quote. It might make you feel slightly less angry as well, because who doesn’t love Elf!
No matter what your holiday season (or life) brings, this list of Christmas quotes is sure to be useful. Pick your favorite movie, memorize some of the lines, and recite them often. You won’t regret it.